OK, keep receiving an error everytime I do file management type of work.
"MTP Host has stopped" tried different versions of Android, versions 7.1.2, 6.0.1 and even other custom roms.
When I go back to Android 5.1.1 from CM then the messages goes away. So I am going to see if there is a fix somewhere for this. As I really would like to be running a newer version of Android.
So I updated my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 GT-N5110 to Android 7.1.2 from LineageOS. This device hadn't been updated in a long time.
How is it working. So far everything seems to be working great.
This is what I had to do to get it setup.
- Download and copy LineageOS and gapps to SD card. By either the adb command or by copying over to SD card. At the root of the SD card. I copied over to the SD card.
- Setup Odin on my Windows 7 Workstation. Downloaded from https://devfiles.co/download/2upJrl0y/Odin3_v3.12.3.zip and make sure to update Windows 7 device driver. You might see a Gadget Serial. You should see a Samsung USB Composite Device show up under USB devices when you connect your tablet. All I did was click on Gadget Serial and then update driver. Then it updated to Samsung USB Composite Device.
- Install a new custom recovery rom. Downloaded from https://dl.twrp.me/n5110/, Use Odin utility to install. Set AP to custom recovery rom download location and make sure tablet is in Download mode. Volume Down + Power button. then connect tablet to computer with USB cable.
- When starting tablet again, Hold the Volume Up + Power buttons.
- Select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe.
- Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
- Go back to return to main menu, then select Install.
- Navigate to
/sdcard, and select the LineageOS
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package.
- Install the gapps package using the same method, make sure to do this before restarting.
- Once it is done Reboot tablet.
- It should start up like a new tablet, setup and the way you go.