I like to set my Ubuntu Gnome-Terminal to something other then the default size.
Found the information here.
If you have a large LCD then you will really want to change the Gnome-Terminal to a better default size.
- Open Terminal.
- Type : gksudo gedit /usr/share/vte/termcap/xterm or sudo nano /usr/share/vte/termcap/xterm
- Enter your root password.
- Look around the 10th line for something like this: ":co#80:it#8:li#24:\"
- Change the first and last number: ":co#132:it#8:li#43:\"
- Close all Terminals and reopen to your new size.
- On ArchLinux I also put the file in read only because it keep going back to it default, I will test some more and see if this helps. sudo chmod 444/usr/share/vte/termcap/xterm